We’re proud to announce a bundle of updates recently put in place to enhance the VibeThat experience.
Attention Authors & VibeThat Contributors:
We love having you share with the VibeThat collective so we’re returning the love by branding your contributions! We’ve done this for a few reasons. To enhance your exposure, build a relationship between you and the VibeThat readers and provide an easily accessible thread of only your posts. You can link to it from your other websites, social networks, share it with friends and identify your contributions easily.
Now, whenever you add a post to VibeThat, the bottom of your post will indicate it was contributed by you, link to all your posts, show your photo (a globally recognized Gravatar) and display your Bio. It also includes a link to your website and will soon include a link to your Twitter, LinkedIn, MySpace, Facebook and other social media outlets to help promote you. In the future, this page can auto-update with your latest tweets, photos on Flickr and a whole variety of other fun features.
For now, here’s how to enhance your author credit.
- Login, go to “Users / Your Profile”
- From there, you can edit your Biographical Info, Website, Name Display and more.
- Go to http://www.gravatar.com, create an account in 5 seconds and create your Gravatar (it is exceptionally easy). This image is globally recognized and the same image will be used to identify you across most websites. Make sure you use the same email you used with your VibeThat account to ensure the photo will show properly.
That’s it! Check out the bottom of this post to see what it should look like.
Other Recent Upgrades / Changelog
- Branded internal / Login / Registration pages > Register and Share Vibes with us
- Enabled globally recognized “Gravatars” for Author posts and Comments
- Boosted main content text size for easier reading
- Added Retweet, Share on Facebook, Digg and StumbleUpon sharing buttons to the left side of all posts for easy sharing
- Recent Comments, Random Posts and Most Liked Pages are featured on the right column of all pages
- Upgraded mission and site explanation on About VibeThat
- Sized down to 4 Posts featured on Homepage, simplified navigation by replacing “Next / Previous” buttons with Page Numbers
- Enhanced, multi-page video gallery > Featured Videos
- Upgraded the Contact Us page to make it easier for you to interact with us, ask questions and explore what VibeThat has to offer.
Signs of Progress
VibeThat.com is floating up the Alexa charts by thousands of positions each day thanks to all of you. Less than 2 months online and our global traffic rank has improved to 675,208 in the world — 56,542 in the US.